Thursday, April 28, 2011

I lost my groove!

I remember back in the old days(a year and a half ago, pre-baby) I had a  "Groove", you know, a rhythm. I knew how my day would go. I hiked in the morning, headed to the gym to meet my sister Amy, went home and had an hour to shower and be to my REAL job  until 9:00. I had a schedule. I prayed morning and night and read my scriptures. It was only myself that I had to worry about. 
Now my new AND much more improved life, I have 3 people besides myself to worry about and take care of! Now I am not in the least bit complaining about my life! I love it! And I cant wait until I have more little people to take care of, but I have seemed to have lost my " Groove"! 
My days are no longer scheduled out. I don't really know what to expect from day to day. It seems as though I don't have enough time in the day to be honest,  But I know that I am slacking on some of the important things I need to do for myself to be the parent and person that I SO want to be! 
Is it just me? or have other people had this problem? I am working on setting some goals so I can eventually return to some sort of "groove".
Until then, I wont even pretend I have it all TOGETHER.  But I sure am trying!
ahhhh I love my crazy and unpredictable life.

4 comments:

  1. I'm not sure if I ever had a groove, or maybe it's been so long that I've forgotten. I think one of the best things about being a mom and having a family is that it is so unpredictable. It's scary, but exciting at the same time. Just remember to take time for yourself (no kids)...go shopping, lunch with friends, dates with your Husband. These are things that have helped me to stay sane and remember that I'm more than just a mom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh I love this post and eventually, you will get your groove back and long for the crazy, hectic, never-sitting-down-days. You are such a good mama...

    ReplyDelete
  3. if this were any cuter, aliens would abduct you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love you, Candice! I think most moms are continually trying to find their groove! You are so not alone! And then just when you think you've got it, something changes... like school lets out (or you have another baby!!) and you start all over trying to find your groove again! I think YOU are doing GREAT!!!

    ReplyDelete